Anteaters in Pharmacy Board Welcomes Chelsea Parrocha

“I wouldn’t be where I am, achieving what I could only have dreamed, without my mentors. I am always finding ways to be part of creating a community dedicated to excellence and growth, which is why I joined the Anteaters in Pharmacy board,” shared Chelsea Parrocha. 

Parrocha is a UC Irvine School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences alumna who is a United States Medical Affairs (USMA) fellow supporting immunology/dermatology at AbbVie in Chicago. She is a recent graduate of the PhD in Pharmacological Sciences program (with a concentration in pharmacology). Before attending UCI, she studied biological sciences and chemistry at the University of Alaska Anchorage and earned her Bachelor of Science degree in 2018.

For her time on the board, she has a vision of expanding the reach of Anteaters in Pharmacy (AIP). She described the AIP board as “a group of enthusiastic professionals dedicated to mentoring the next generation of healthcare professionals from UCI.” 

Along with her fellow AIP board members, Lilian Allahverdian and Amanda Tran, Parrocha hopes to build relationships between current students and alumni, offering chances for guidance and mentorship.

“I hope the UCI alumni network continues to grow and innovate in finding opportunities and connections that will enrich current and future alumni,” Parrocha said. “In collaboration with the other AIP board members, I hope to increase the visibility of our program and provide mentorship to even more UCI students interested in pursuing careers in the pharmaceutical or biotech industries.”

If you would like to learn more about the UCI School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences alumni program or join Anteaters in Pharmacy, visit pharmsci.uci.edu/alumni today.