UC Irvine School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences Welcomes New Senior Assistant Dean of Business and Operations, Richard Katzman

Richard Katzman has joined the UC Irvine School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences as Senior Assistant Dean of Business and Operations.

“He will serve as a key strategic advisor for me and school leadership and be responsible for planning and resource management to support academic programs, research, school operations, student affairs, and other operational functions of the school,” said Founding Dean Jan Hirsch. “In addition, he will be involved with actively promoting excellence, diversity, and inclusion in all operations.”

Katzman has worked within health systems, medical technology start-up companies, universities, and non-profit organizations to streamline their operations in the pursuit of institutional goals. His past roles include Vice President of Strategy and Business Development and Vice President of Academic Affairs for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center; Chief Strategy Officer for El Camino Health; and Executive Vice President, COO for the Lundquist Institute of Biomedical Innovation.

“With over three decades of experience in various sectors of healthcare and academia, I am looking forward to applying my knowledge and skills to support and enhance our operations. My focus will be on the continuous improvement of our systems and processes to ensure we provide the best possible environment for our students, faculty, and staff,” Katzman stated.

The addition of Katzman to the leadership team furthers the UCI School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences’ vision to be a leader in transformational advances in team-based pharmacy practice, research, and healthcare.

“I am honored to be part of such a distinguished institution and look forward to what we will accomplish together,” said Katzman. “All my efforts will be focused on taking the chassis that has been built to support the UCI School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences and ensuring it is positioned for our next phases of growth and development. I am eager to contribute to our shared mission of fostering academic excellence, groundbreaking research, and community engagement.”