In an effort to share updated information on COVID-19 vaccines and pediatric considerations, the UCI School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences and the Children’s Health of Orange County (CHOC) Pharmacy Department hosted a community information session on Dec. 17.
The event featured expert perspectives on vaccine safety, effectiveness, and recommendations for both pediatrics and adults.
To watch the recording of the event, click the “play” button below or access the video on YouTube.
The event’s moderators were:
- Alexandre Chan, PharmD, MPH, FCCP, FISOPP, BCPS, BCOP, APh, Founding Chair of the Department of Clinical Pharmacy Practice at UCI
- Grace Magedman, PharmD, Executive Director of Pharmacy at CHOC
The four speakers included:
- Shawn Griffin, PharmD, BCOP, Health Sciences Assistant Clinical Professor at UCI
- Keri Hurley-Kim, PharmD, MPH, BCACP, APh, Health Sciences Assistant Clinical Professor at UCI
- Lee Nguyen, PharmD, APh, BCPS-AQ ID, BCIDP, Health Sciences Associate Clinical Professor at UCI
- M. Tuan Tran, PharmD, BCIDP, Infectious Diseases Clinical Specialist at CHOC
Toward the end of the community information session, Hurley-Kim provided context for the Omicron variant as of Dec. 17, 2021: