This program has been discontinued, and we are no longer accepting applications. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
UCI’s Post-baccalaureate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences is designed for individuals whose undergraduate degree is not in pharmaceutical sciences and are:
- Seeking to strengthen their application to competitive graduate programs; or
- Seeking entry in a career related to pharmaceutical sciences or biotechnology
Applications are accepted year around and are typically due during the summer before the academic year starts in the Fall (e.g. applications for Fall 2018 will be due the summer of 2018).
This checklist is intended to be used as a guide to help you get organized and to keep the application process stress free.
Step 1: Do you meet the admission requirements?
Before starting the application process, make sure meet all the admission requirements:
- All applicants must provide official undergraduate transcripts showing successful completion of a bachelor’s degree and the following prerequisite coursework:
- One course in biology.
- One year of organic chemistry with lab.
- One course in biochemistry, chemical biology, or biological chemistry.
- Strongly encouraged: One course in physiology.
- A GPA of 3.0 is required; however, exceptions may be made for students who have a 3.0 in their major or who demonstrate aptitude in a relevant subject.
Step 2: Make an Application Checklist
Make a checklist to keep track of all the application components:
- General Information Form
- Personal Statement (two page limit, double spaced)
- Diversity Fellowship (Optional)
- Letters of Recommendation (two letter minimum, with at least one letter writer being able to comment on your academic abilities)
- Resume or CV
- Acknowledgement Form
- Fee Payment
Step 3: Make an Application Timeline
Make an application timeline and map out when you plan to obtain/complete the above components of the application. Some details to keep in mind:
- Letters of recommendation: Give faculty/professionals at least three months advance notice to write your letter of recommendation. Create a portfolio for each letter writer and include: resume, personal statement, transcripts, and submission instructions.
- Transcripts: Depending on the college/university you are ordering your transcript from, make sure you order the transcript far enough in advance that it is received well before the application deadline. Most colleges/universities will require a signed consent form and fee payment in order to process the transcript request.
- Personal Statement: Give yourself at least three months in advance to write a strong personal statement. Ask mentors, friends, colleagues, and family to proofread your personal statement to provide feedback. Allow yourself ample time to make multiple revisions.
Sept 3: Submit your Application
It’s time to submit! For full consideration, applications and all supporting documents and scores must be received by the application deadline. Incomplete applications will not be considered for admission.
Still unsure of the application process?
Attend one of our information sessions held throughout the year, or contact us at:
For more information about our program, visit our website.
CLICK HERE to start the application process today. Good luck!