Who should apply to our post-bac program in pharmaceutical sciences?
So you’re thinking of applying to UCI’s Post-Baccalaureate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences, but aren’t sure if it’s the right program for you.
Enrolling in a post-bac program is not an easy decision, as it will take time, energy, commitment, and resources. You will want to make sure that this is the right program for you and that it fits your personal and professional career goals.
First, it is important to understand what a post-bac program is and who it is intended for.
What is a post-bac program?
A post-bac program is designed to support the transition to professional school, and is reserved for individuals who have already earned an undergraduate degree.
UCI’s Post-Bac Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences is a one year program that starts in the Fall and ends in the Spring. Our curriculum includes includes prerequisite classes to professional school, such as pharmacy or medical school.
Who should enroll in our Post-Bac Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences?
A post-bac program is ideal for career changers or for students who are taking a gap year. For our post-bac program, individuals who should apply are folks who:
- Are seeking to strengthen their application to competitive graduate programs such as a PharmD program, medical school, or programs in other health fields.
- Received their undergraduate degree in a field other than pharmaceutical sciences and are trying to seek entry or advance in the field of pharmaceutical sciences (.e.g become a pharmacist, enter into industry, etc.).
Factors to consider:
- Classes are during the day-time, so this may affect working professionals.
- The program is a one-year long commitment.
- Students will have the opportunity to participate in laboratory research and attend seminars that cover a variety of topics including PCAT preparation, graduate school applications, and interviewing skills.
- At this time, we are not able to enroll international students in our post-bac program; however, we hope to be able to do so in the future. Please check back on the status periodically or sign up for our email list to receive updates on our program.
Questions you should ask yourself before applying are:
- How will this program help advance my career?
- Will I have the time, energy, and resources to complete the one year program?
- How will this program help me gain the skills, knowledge, and/or network to advance my career?
UCI is the #1 feeder to pharmacy schools nationwide, and our pharmaceutical sciences program is among the top-10 pharmaceutical sciences departments in the nation.
Students who complete the program will receive unparalleled training from cutting edge scientists scientists encompassing a variety of backgrounds with wide-ranging research programs that cover every facet of pharmaceutical sciences.
If you’re still unsure if this program is the right fit for you, we encourage you to speak to our Admissions Coordinator by calling (949) 824-1991 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also sign up for our email list to be notified when we are having an information session or live webinar about our program.