What to ask a pharmacist during an informational interview
One of the best ways to learn more about the field of pharmacy is to speak to pharmacists about their professional experience. The goal of the informational interview is to learn more about an individual’s professional/academic background, job responsibilities, career path, or their thoughts about working at a particular organization/company.
The insight you gain from an informational interview will help you explore and assess your own career options and path. Here are some examples of questions you could ask during a pharmacist during an informational interview:
- What does a typical day or week look like for you?
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
- What is challenging about your job?
- What are current issues/trends in the field of pharmacy that I should be aware of/know?
- What related fields do you think I should consider looking into?
- What advice would you give someone looking to get into the field of pharmacy?
- Why did you want to become a pharmacist?
- What kind of education, training, or background does this job require?
- What skills, abilities, or personal qualities are essential to become a successful pharmacist?
- If you could do it all over again, what would you do differently?